Monday, April 25, 2011

I Use Toilet Paper & Cereal Boxes


I hope you all had a fun and thoughtful Easter. Ours was great, we dyed eggs and the kids made their nests inside their baskets. The Easter Bunny brought them little kites, coloring books and squirt guns then hid plastic eggs all over the house to be found. He even brought Mommy some chocolate and a book, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. Daddy got a bag of Twizzlers (yuck! but Daddy likes them) and a Chevy magazine to dream about parts for his Camero. The Easter Egg Hunt at church was successful. The kids came home with lots more candy and $58.50 in cash between the four of them from the eggs. Not sure how many $20's were stuck in eggs but my kids found two of them. Yay us!

I woke up feeling crafty again. I have been thinking about this particular craft since I saw four different versions of it on Earth Day. I also decided to make it really recycled by only using discarded or left over accents to decorate it. So here it is my cereal box gift bag. 

Everything I think I need

Turn the cereal box inside out and put back together. My glue was having issues so I used painters tape.



I felt like I won the beginning crafters lottery when the left over ribbon from my brothers wedding fit perfectly around the edges!
Cut up a toilet paper roll




Glue the pieces together to make a flower



Add ribbon as handles and there you go.


I think this is a project worth perfecting. This one here is a little rough but it only took me 10 minutes tops to complete. It probably took longer to get out the stuff I was going to use then to actually make it. Considering we have six people in out house there is a never ending supply of toiler paper/paper towel rolls and cereal boxes. The kids could even do this themselves. We will never buy another gift bag again.

No comments: