Friday, May 20, 2011

I Don't Want to Talk About it

...but maybe I should. It will be a week tomorrow since our first "Craft Fair" took place. Deep breath. I am going to attempt to explain this day as positively as possible. Um. I learned a lot? Like pop up tents fly really far on windy days and can rip the leg clean off. I think borrowed from a friend pop up tents crash harder than any others. The same wind can clear off a table of jewelry. buttons, vases, and bibs no matter how weighed down very quickly. People don't go to outdoor craft fairs when it is cold outside...at all. No I am not kidding. No one was there. Minnie's cousin and Queenie's parents stopped in for a pity buy (I'll take it). Then I sold a little bag of beads to the vendor two booths down. It was a disaster. Two out of three of us actually cried.
So now our tears have been shed and we are putting our big girl pants back on. I set up an Etsy shop http://www.thehouseofrandom.etsy.com/ and made a facebook page www.facebook.com/thehouseofrandom and we are going to get some of our money back and keep pushing forward. Yesterday night we got our first sale! I know it takes time and effort to get a business going and I am not going to quit. I want this. I am not giving up on it. So a I ask for your help. Spread the word around. More crafting to come!

7 comments:

Megan said...

If no one showed ask for your money back? Or at least a portion. Threaten to write every person you know about how terrible they are and even send an article to the paper. lol.

Daniyal said...

It was a fundraiser for the youth program so I didn't feel right about asking for a refund. I thought about it though.Plus what went on with other vendors was so much worse. Some of them had hundreds of dollars of displays and frames break. It was crazy crazy crazy!

Laura said...

My mom said she is writing a letter to the pastor! Eek!!

minnie said...

Well, Minnie didn't cry! It could've been worse, maybe. We will do better. And I do plan on making the name of your blog become a lie!! You will learn to sew! You can be taught! lol

minnie said...

I have now caught up on my reading (of your blog) and I do believe that you, my dear, need a nickname! just sayin'!

Daniyal said...

I love that you leave comments as Minnie. That is hilarious. Laura is she really? What does it say?

CraveCute said...

Found you from Etsy Blogging Buddies. Your blog is a hoot! Love the title. I could have called my blog "I Sew, But I Hate It". I feel your pain...You will do well at this, great job. I am following you, since my blog is also new I would appreciate if you would follow back. Thanks! http://cravecute.blogspot.com/