Thursday, May 26, 2011

I Make My Own Display

As I was preparing for the failed craft show (see previous blog) I was looking for ways to display some bracelets I had made. Just laying them out on the table didn't look nice, besides they kept getting tangled together. I looked online for cheap jewelry displays (even though I knew Mr. Clean said the craft budget was empty). All of a sudden Minnie's voice popped up in the back of my head 'you could make that'. Uh-Oh. Well, a paper towel roll, duct tape, rice, black fabric, hot glue, and a faux (I prefer the word faux over fake it makes me feel less cheap) flower later....
Testing out the length I wanted.

Duct tape the entire way around. I taped the very bottom twice and added rice.



After duct taping the entire top so it won't lose it's shape I covered each piece separately using hot glue. Then glued them together.


The glue mark was ugly so I took one of the flowers with the giant safety pin on back (see other blog) and pinned it to the center. Viola!

Unfortunately it has not gotten any use. It was way to windy for anything to stay put that day. I have to say not one grain of rice came out though and it is still ready to stand and hold bracelets when it's time comes. Soon little jewelry stand...soon.

5 comments:

Megan said...

This is great! You could probably also try this with a full soda can? It may hold better. But it is a brilliant idea and I love the flower, it actually ads some girlishness to it.

Christie Cottage said...

Greta creation for your display. Pringles cans work great too!

Have a wonderful day!

<><
http://christiecottage.blogspot.com/2011/06/win-it-wednesday-new-giveaway-and.html

Daniyal said...

Megan I would be afraid of getting shaken up and expolding! Maybe an empty one with dried beans?

Christie Cottage Thank you! I'll have to try the Pringle can for my necklace display.

Crunchy Diva said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crunchy Diva said...

wow i love your necklace display what a great idea. fantastic that you reused the pringle can very eco friendly.