Monday, July 18, 2011

I Make Wreaths

IF YOUR NAME IS MISSY AND YOUR BIRTHDAY IS JULY 29TH DO NOT READ THIS!!!!!!!

For all you not named Missy and your birthday is not July 29th please read on and enjoy the blog.



As you could probably gather I have a friend named Missy and her birthday is coming up. Now we do not normally do presents for adults these days but I was on Stumble Upon and I stumbled upon this KoJo Designs Tutorial for a tea wreath. It mentioned it was great for a tea drinking friend. Missy is definitely a tea drinking friend. Perfect! Plus it meets all my requirements. I don't have to sew anything, I had everything I needed on hand, it hardly takes any time at all! Whoo Hoo! Now I must confess I am terrible at following directions when it comes to creativity. If you would like the exact science of how to do this I would follow the link to KoJo Designs. This is my general idea, personal attempt at a smaller version of the wreath.


For the base I used a piece of cardboard that came with a shirt my daughter was sent for her birthday. I knew I kept it for something! I used a small plate to trace the outer circle and this container for the inside.

Cutting out the inside circle was harder than I thought.


I picked this pretty but neutral paper for Missy.
I used spray adhesive to attach the base to the paper, then made little cuts all around it to fold over.

Hmm my inner circle is not very round. I don't mind it though.

Glued scraped of the same paper to clothespins (Contrasting would be cute too)

My biggest problem was spacing the clothespins. I should have marked where they went better.

Glued a ribbon for hanging


Clipped on the tea bags and hung.
It could also be a cute memo holder or something. I hope she likes it!

12 comments:

Adventures of a Cardamom Junkie said...

that is so cool and super cute! Love the idea for memos

kirstin & jordan said...

awww, love this!

lambs and ivy designs said...

What an excellent tutorial and a cute project! thanks for posting this.

Anonymous said...

Do you have a spam issue on this blog; I also am a blogger, and I
was wondering your situation; we have created some nice procedures and we are looking to exchange solutions with others, please shoot
me an e-mail if interested.

Also visit my web-site ... Email Console

Anonymous said...

Quality articles or reviews is the secret to interest the viewers to
pay a visit the website, that's what this site is providing.

My homepage ... http://chatclimax.com/

Anonymous said...

I wanted to thank you for this very good read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it.
I have got you book-marked to look at new stuff you post…

My webpage; kelly spreads her pussy at the pool

Anonymous said...

What's Happening i'm new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It positively helpful and
it has aided me out loads. I am hoping to contribute & aid other users like its aided
me. Great job.

my page ... Such As Nubiles Jassie

Anonymous said...

You've made some decent points there. I looked on the net for more information about the issue and found most people will go along with your views on this web site.

Here is my web page: on the main page

Anonymous said...

With havin so much content do you ever run into any
problems of plagorism or copyright infringement? My site has a lot of exclusive content I've either created myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my permission. Do you know any solutions to help stop content from being stolen? I'd genuinely appreciate it.


Check out my blog post Katie fucks a Huge dildo

Anonymous said...

Hi! This is kind of off topic but I need some guidance from an established blog.
Is it difficult to set up your own blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm thinking
about making my own but I'm not sure where to start. Do you have any tips or suggestions? Many thanks

Feel free to surf to my weblog :: Read Alot more

Anonymous said...

Unquestionably believe that which you stated. Your favorite
justification appeared to be on the internet the simplest thing to be
aware of. I say to you, I certainly get irked while people think about worries that they plainly do not know about.
You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the
whole thing without having side effect , people can take a signal.

Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

Also visit my site: click here

Anonymous said...

Hello there, I think your blog could possibly be having web browser compatibility issues.

When I take a look at your web site in Safari, it looks
fine however when opening in Internet Explorer, it
has some overlapping issues. I merely wanted to provide you with a quick heads up!
Apart from that, fantastic site!

My blog post; the scholarships